Thursday, April 9, 2009

More Pics From Italy

Well I promised to post more pictures from Italy but I kept forgetting...so here they are...hope you enjoy :-)





The Duomo from the top of the bell tower



The Baptistery at the Piazza del Duomo





St. Paul's Basilica




The Trevi Fountain at night...it was absolutely gorgeous!



The outside walls at Pompeii...a city from around 400 B.C. that was preserved by the ash of Mount Vesuvius


A beautiful basilica we passed on the way to Pompei



The town of Luca is one of the most beautiful historic Tuscan towns in the area...its like something out of a movie


The view from the top of the bell tower at the Duomo


The coastline at Naples






An amazing groto at the Medici Palace




This was a very strange statue of a famous midget riding a turtle?... so Les and Ethan thought they should "Do as the Roman's Do"



Famous Labyrinth




The view from the top of the tower of Pisa







The famous Bronze doors outside of the Duomo Baptistry in Florence called the "Gates of Paradise"


...there were so many things to see and take pictures of I can't even remember what all of it was but it has gotten me so interested in Roman History and the Renasaince Period. I

2 comments:

House of Girls said...

What beautiful pictures! I love the one of Les and Ethan LOL~

dlriley said...

I know the pictures can't possibly do it justice. Someday maybe I can talk dad into taking me. Of course by the time he will leave for that long, I'll have to do it in a wheel chair but....I guess better then than never. I'm so glad ya'll got to go. What a great blessing.